Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

CRAZY LOVE ~ Obession 4

People obsessed with a “Crazy Love” are what Chan calls “Crazy Ones.” The do radical things, like sell their house and move into something smaller so they can use the income for God’s kingdom work. They use their vacation time to go on a mission trip to serve those with far less than they have. “Why is it that they stories of someone who actually done what Jesus commands resonates deeply with us, but we then assume we could never do anything so radical or insane?” (Chan, “Crazy Love ,” p. 136-37) …..

Obsessed people are more concerned with obeying God than doing what is expected or fulfilling the status quo. A person who is obsessed with Jesus will do things that don't always make sense in terms of success or wealth on this earth. As Martin Luther put it, "There are two days on my calendar: this day and that day" (Luke 14:25-35; Matt. 7:13-23; 8:18-22; Rev. 3:1-6).

“But when the Son of Man[
d] comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

“Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’
(Matt. 25:31-40)

Blessings
3 John 8
Bill H.

No comments: