Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Undivided .... Integrity

I interrupt the Resurgence series for the article and reminder below. This was just too good to pass up, a great read from Graig Groeschal at Catalyst Monthly . . .

Undivided: the Real You Must Be Whole
By Craig Groeschel



We were young, we had babies crawling everywhere, and we were considering buying a state-of-the-art baby swing for our backyard swing set. Deterred by the exorbitatnt price for a glorified piece of plastic, we had put it on hold.

Then one day in a neighborhood garage sale, there it was! Between an Arthur Ashe wooden tennis racket and an eight-inch ceramic dolphin, we saw the very swing we’d been eyeing in the kids’ megastore catalog. God had provided – for just $30!

Although I would have gladly paid $50 for the slightly used answer to our prayers, my negotiation mode kicked in. I offered the owner $15, and it was on. Back and forth we went. Then I pulled my ace. I humbly explained that I was the pastor of a small church. “Could you find it in your heart to give me a break?” I asked politely. “I only have $20, and this swing would be perfect for my children.”

She softened and agreed. Feeling triumphant, I opened my wallet. The only bill I had was a hundred.


Busted.

Read the rest of the article here >>

Blessings
3 John 8
Bill H.

No comments: