Pages

Friday, February 05, 2010

Sports Ministry

The most recent issue of Christianity Today (February 5, 2010) has an entire lineup of sports ministry related articles. For my Sport Ministry people, take a serious look at these - and notice our buddy Ted Kluck is here.

My Top 5 Books on Sports
Picks from Andrew Parker, professor of sport and Christian outreach at the University of Gloucestershire
Andrew Parker posted 2/05/2010 10:01AM

The Joy of Sports
There are a lot of Christian athletes who care about the Cross, the gospel, humility, joy, and sanctification.
Ted Kluck posted 2/01/2010 09:51AM

Stay in the Struggle
I suspect that God's design is for us to conduct our analysis in the very throes of competition.
Benjamin J. Chase posted 2/01/2010 09:50AM

Amen, and a Foul
It is important to distinguish between individuals in sports and the system of sports. Both are broken due to the Fall.
Mark Householder posted 2/01/2010 09:48AM

Inside CT: More Sports Talk
But not the kind you hear on ESPN.
Mark Galli posted 1/29/2010 09:51AM

Sports Fanatics
How Christians have succumbed to the sports culture—and what might be done about it.
Shirl James Hoffman posted 1/29/2010 09:50AM

Also, Pastor and Blogger Kevin DeYoung has just posted a response to the the main CT article (Sports Fanatics); you can read is post here: A Simpler View at Sports.

In the article he writes: "And yet, I recognize sports talk is only the shallow end of the pool. More than that, I am fearful of the place sports can occupy in my heart. As a pastor, I want the folks in my congregation to give their lives for something more meaningful than youth soccer leagues and the triumphs of fandom. I am not blind to the idolatries of sport and the failings of sport stars. But, still, I am a huge sports fan."

Read the rest here >>

Blessings
3 John 8
Bill H.

No comments: