Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Worship Leader's Mini Sermon

A little extra for today, smile:

This come from Jon Acuff over at "The Stuff Christians Like," as always, just plain serious humor . . .

THE WORSHIP LEADER"S MINI SERMON

. . . Duritz is a master of the mid song chit chat, but unfortunately, I can't say the same thing for all worship leaders. Sometimes the prospect of an open mic and a captive audience proves too tempting to resist. Sometimes it's hard to resist the urge to deliver a worship leader mini sermon. Although I've written about this phenomenon before, I failed to give you any real pointers on how to perfectly execute a worship leader mini sermon. (And clearly, as someone that's never been a worship leader and whose one claim to musical fame is dressing up as Britney Spears for a youth group song parody, I am extremely qualified to impart this wisdom.)Here are the three best techniques for worship leader mini sermons:

(and # 3) . . . 3. The Bible MethodKnowing the Bible as a worship leader isn't a contest, but if it was, please know that Aaron Keyes would crush you. You might know a lot of Bible, you might be able to quote long passages and complex verses, but it doesn't matter, Aaron Keyes knows more Bible than you do. I promise. At the Off the Blogs event, I was sitting in the crowd in awe at his ability to seamlessly wrap scripture into the worship experience. I was sitting next to Billy Graham and even he said, "Oh snap, that Aaron Keyes is a player." And Aaron heard him from the stage and replied, "I'm not a player I just crush a lot." I leaned over to my wife and said, "Did Aaron Keyes just quote Big Pun to Billy Graham?" The whole thing was insane. OK, it didn't happen that exact way, but I swear if Billy Graham had come to Off the Blogs, even he would have been impressed with Aaron's Bible knowledge.

Treat yourself and read the entire thing at: The Stuff Christians Like.

Blessings
3 John 8
Bill H.

No comments: