Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

CRAZY LOVE - Obessed with Unguardedness

People obsessed with a “Crazy Love” are Unguarded Ones …..

“I find myself acting differently with God, often, when I pray, I will phrase my sentences in a way that makes me sound better. I will try to soften my sins, or touch up my true feelings before laying them before God. How foolish it is for me to be completely honest with my wife about my shortcomings, but try to fool God! … God desires true intimacy with each of us, and that comes only when we trust Him enough to be fully transparent and vulnerable” (Chan, “
Crazy Love ,” p. 144).

People who are obsessed are raw with God; they do not attempt to mask the ugliness of their sins or their failures. Obsessed people don’t put it on for God; He is their safe place, where they can be at peace.

1 Have mercy on me, O God,

according to your unfailing love;

according to your great compassion

blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash away all my iniquity

and cleanse me from my sin. …


10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,

and renew a steadfast spirit within me.


11 Do not cast me from your presence

or take your Holy Spirit from me.


12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation

and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. …


17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;

a broken and contrite heart,

O God, you will not despise. (Psalm 51)


Blessings
3 John 8
Bill H.

No comments: